Tuesday 19 August 2014

The Grind

I have another goal! Completing the Grouse Grind in an hour!

The Grouse Grind is known as mother natures stairmaster. 3k up Grouse mountain and gaining 2,800 feet in elevation!

When I first tried it two years ago I felt like I was going to die and I spend the time bitching and moaning and resting! I never expected it to be so difficult. I thought I was fit!



This year I decided to tackle it again. 6 weeks ago I'm ashamed to say it took me an hour and a half to get to the top but now from going up the Grind or a similar trail nearby it once a week I am after shaving some time off that. 1hour and 9minutes! Still slow to some people but to me it means a lot!

Once I start it I get that same feeling I do before the start of a fight "Why the hell am I doing this?" But in a fight it instantly goes away when the fight starts. In this case it goes away when you are almost at the top. I end up looking like a sweaty Betty but I get rewarded with an amazing view.

I find it's after improving my fitness for longer hikes and my legs are a bit firmer. It feels good to enjoy something other that Muay Thai!



No comments:

Post a Comment